President Muhammadu Buhari has requested the Senate to consider and approve the nomination of Mr. Lamido Yuguda for appointment as the new Director General of the Securities and Exchange Commission, SEC.
Buhari also urged the upper legislative chamber to confirm three other nominees as full-time commissioners for the commission.
The President’s request was contained in a letter read by the Senate President, Dr. Ahmad Lawan, during plenary on Tuesday.
The letter reads: “Pursuant to Section 3 and 5(1) of the Investment and Securities Act 2007, I write to request for confirmation by the Senate, the appointment of the following four nominees as Director General and Commissioners of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).”
Beside Yuguda as the Director General, those nominated as full time commissioners are Reginald C. Karawusa, Ibrahim D. Boyi and Mr. Obisan Joseph, respectively.
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92
- CBN’s cash withdrawal policy’ll enhance financial inclusion – Expert
- DSS, oil marketers set to clear petrol queues in 48 hours
- FG gives update on Ajaokuta Steel resuscitation, legal tussle
- Ex-CAN President, Ayo Oritsejafor’s marriage crashes
- BREAKING…CBN begins distribution of redesigned naira notes to banks