APC National chairman appeals for more patience from Nigerians over the ‘change’ promised by the party.
He also urged Nigerians not to see change in terms of physical structures alone but total change of mindset.
National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, (APC), Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, has told Nigerians that the type of change the party promised them takes time to happen.
According to him, change is not only in physical development but a change in mindset.
Oyegun also claimed the party inherited a collapsed economy from the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP).
The APC national chairman made the assertions on Thursday at a reception where he received the Distinguished Political Leadership Award conferred on him by the Benin National Congress in Benin, Edo State.
“Change is not bridges. Change is not electricity. Change is not roads. Change is my perception as to what is right and what is wrong, what needs to be done and being faithful in getting it done.” The APC national chairman said.
“For as long as we, Nigerians, have the wrong type of morality, the wrong type of ethics, not all the roads in this world will get us out of the economic morass we have plunged ourselves into.
“Change takes time and consistency of application and the resolve not to go back to the bad old days”
“We took over a totally collapsed country. The hope is that things have started to solidify. Things have started to concretise; the economy has started to grow.
Read also:Only A United APC Can Win 2019 Elections
“It is not a switch; it is something that will take time. But once we are there, this nation will never experience the type of recession we had in the past,” he stated.
“Until Buhari, we were a laughing stock. Today, we are gaining respectability. So, it is important that we do not lose that momentum,” Odigie-Oyegun added
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign