By Arowona Abdulazeez
Hajia Zahra Muazu, Kwara State Head Of Service (HoS) has said that civil servant in Nigeria are not dead but still relevant to the development of the country.
The HOS stated this on Friday in Ilorin during the presentation of awards to some outstanding civil servants in Kwara.
She debunked the assertion by some politicians that “civil servant are dead and irrelevant in the society”,.
Muazu explained that “it is the politician that are killing the service” through their unwarranted interference in the duty.
“Issues of the civil service is not issues for the politicians to dabble in, they should leave us to carry out our duties,” she said.
The HOS charged civil servants to be dedicated, diligent and loyal to their work, saying that they will reap the fruit of their labour one day.
She explained that the criteria in the selection of the awardees included punctuality, hardwork and resourcefulness among others.
Speaking also at the event, Alhaji Salman Adelodun, Chairman of the Civil Service Commission, explained that the civil service is the engine room of policy formulation and implementation.
He lamented that civil service has been derided by politician as if they have nothing to offer to the society.
Adelodun noted that those who criticize the civil service are “ignorant” of the institution itself.
He added that the civil servants have contributed to the development of the society and needed to be recognized too.
While congratulating the awardees, he urged other civil servants to be committed to duties and the development of the country.
ROYAL NEWS reports that seven outstanding civil servants were awarded promotion on merit ranging from GL12 to 13, 14 to15, and 16 to 17 among others.
Mr Tajudeen Yunus, who spoke on behalf of the awardees commended the gesture from the HOS and pledged to serve their country diligenty.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign