An Ilorin based Cleric, Rev. Adefolaju has called on government to show more concern on the welfare of the citizenry especially the minority groups so as not to feel neglected.
He spoke to ROYAL NEWS in Ilorin, the Kwara State capital on Monday noting that, “To have a better country, Nigerians should turn to God and also desist from placing curses on our leaders.
According to the clergyman, “Power should be rotated, we are all Nigerians and therefore we are all entitled to have a position in government. To be sincere, governments are not been fair to the minorities but irrespective of political, ethnic and religious affiliations, we must shun calls for disintegration”
Hearing his views on those calling for disintegration of the nation, he said: “let them go if that’s what they think is right for them, but as for me I don’t believe that’s the best option. Workers salaries should be paid at the appropriate time.
It would be recalled that Ignatius Kaigama, the president of Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria (CBCN) has reacted at those calling for the disintegration of Nigeria.
Archbishop Kaigama, made this comment while declaring open the second plenary meeting of the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria, 2017 holding at Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Cathedral in Jalingo, the Taraba State capital.
According to him,” the lack of social justice was responsible for the growing agitation for secession”, He called for peace and unity in the country and emphasized the need for social justice for minority ethnic groups.
“there are shameful calls for break-up of the country and so much hate speeches going on. “This is not the way out, the way out is to correct the level of injustice that has been done to minority ethnic nationalities in the country.
He also added that, “There are better options on how to address the nation’s challenges.”
- Gunmen kill DPO in Benue
- World Hijab Day: FOMWAN hails female Muslims for upholding Allah’s command
- JAMB apprehends 6 CBT operators in Kano State
- Kwara govt gives transformers to 11 communities
- Abia ADC suspends guber candidate, 3 others
- Atiku speaks on forming alliance with Kwankwaso, Peter Obi
- Naira redesign: Emefiele urges NASS, Nigerians to show understanding
- Fuel scarcity may affect election logistics — INEC
- SAD…. PDP campaign rally turns mourning in Sokoto as Tambuwal’s aide, Aisha Maina dies
- Nigeria attains 100% broadband penetration— Buhari