The Conference of Nigeria Political Parties (CNPP) has hailed the appointment of Ilorin Emirate born diplomat, Professor Ibrahim Gambari as Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu, saying he could reinvent governance in the country if given a free hand to draw from his wealth of experience.
In a statement by the CNPP Secretary General, Chief Willy Ezugwu on Thursday, the umbrella association of registered political parties and groups in the country prayed that the Chief of Staff is given a free hand to stabilise the President Muhammadu Buhari administration.
“No doubt that Professor Ibrahim Gambari came into the government with unequalled wealth of experience that is capable of stabilizing the President Muhammadu Buhari administration.
“However, our worst fears is that he may not be accorded the same privileges extended to his predecessor, late Mallam Abba Kyari whom Mr. President openly ordered all his cabinet Ministers to report to.
“The new Chief of Staff is a well-known intellectual member of not only the diplomatic corps but also of the academia and the civil society.
“Professor Gambari’s robust contacts cuts across all divides and the perception of his person across the country will be a big plus for the federal government if he is given a free hand to operate independent of the much talked about Aso Rock cabal, which is more of an ideology of the President than personalities.
“If those around Mr. President can allow him to perform and run his office for the benefit of the Nigerian people
“We have confident in the ability of the Chief of State to deliver as a solution provider, expert in conflict prevention, management and resolution as well as sustainable development”, the CNPP stated.
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud
- OPINION: As Kunle Akogun Hits Diamond Age
- PHOTO NEWS: Late Emir of Dutse requests to be buried in public cemetery
- N34.1bn generated as IGR in 2022– Kwara Govt
- Buhari inaugurates new MOFI Board, says FG targets N100trn
- Over 50 Emirs, others witness late Dutse monarch’s funeral prayer
- Emir Sulu-Gambari commiserates with Jigawa govt. over Dutse monarch’s death