The Conference of Nigeria Political Parties (CNPP) has hailed the appointment of Ilorin Emirate born diplomat, Professor Ibrahim Gambari as Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu, saying he could reinvent governance in the country if given a free hand to draw from his wealth of experience.
In a statement by the CNPP Secretary General, Chief Willy Ezugwu on Thursday, the umbrella association of registered political parties and groups in the country prayed that the Chief of Staff is given a free hand to stabilise the President Muhammadu Buhari administration.
“No doubt that Professor Ibrahim Gambari came into the government with unequalled wealth of experience that is capable of stabilizing the President Muhammadu Buhari administration.
“However, our worst fears is that he may not be accorded the same privileges extended to his predecessor, late Mallam Abba Kyari whom Mr. President openly ordered all his cabinet Ministers to report to.
“The new Chief of Staff is a well-known intellectual member of not only the diplomatic corps but also of the academia and the civil society.
“Professor Gambari’s robust contacts cuts across all divides and the perception of his person across the country will be a big plus for the federal government if he is given a free hand to operate independent of the much talked about Aso Rock cabal, which is more of an ideology of the President than personalities.
“If those around Mr. President can allow him to perform and run his office for the benefit of the Nigerian people
“We have confident in the ability of the Chief of State to deliver as a solution provider, expert in conflict prevention, management and resolution as well as sustainable development”, the CNPP stated.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign