Court: Suspect robbed woman of bag containing N100 and Holy bible
An Ikeja High Court has remanded a 22-year-old man, Elijah Anyasador, in the correctional centre for allegedly robbing a housewife returning from church of her handbag containing N100 and a copy of the Holy Bible.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Anyasador, whose residential address was not provided, was remanded by Justice Oyindamola Ogala on Thursday following his not guilty plea to a charge of armed robbery.
The offence contravenes Section 297 of the Criminal Law of Lagos 2015.
According to the state prosecutor, Mr A. Oluwaseun, the defendant committed the offence around 7pm on June 6, 2018 at the Ikorodu area of Lagos.
“The defendant, while armed with a gun, robbed Mrs Joy John, a housewife heading home from church, of her handbag containing the sum of N100, a copy of the Holy Bible and also a Hymn book,” the prosecutor said.
According to the prosecution, after she was robbed, John immediately raised an alarm, alerting passersby who pursued and apprehended Anyasador and handed him over to the authorities.
Justice Ogala adjourned the case to Nov. 2 for trial.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- What Buhari told Nigerians in his 38–paragraph final address
- Yoruba nation promoters take over FG Radio station, declares self-govt
- President Buhari confers citizenship on 385 foreigners
- I have made Nigeria better– Buhari insists
- Bakare utters suprising statements as Tinubu takes over power tomorrow
- Tuition increment: 2 UNIABUJA students expelled
- Defence Minister hand-over to Perm Sec., Ibrahim Kana
- Lagos to ban parking on roads
- South-east eternally grateful for Second Niger Bridge completion– Soludo
- Buhari, Shettima, Sultan, others attend Inauguration in Abuja