The Nigeria Centre For Disease Control (NCDC) has announced 72 new infections of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the country.
The NCDC made this known on its verified website on Monday.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Nigeria has continued to report new cases of infections on a daily basis, despite the measures put in place to curb the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic in the country.
It said that Lagos State, the epicentre of the virus in country, recorded the highest number of confirmed cases, with 51 new infections.
Ogun and Kaduna States, as well as the FCT, recorded six, four and three new cases respectively.
Niger, Ondo and Plateau had two each, while Katsina and Oyo States had one each.
According to the NCDC, while there were 72 new confirmed cases, a death was recorded.
It stated that 441 patients COVID-19 patience were discharged from isolation centres across the country.
The NCDC urged individuals, who intend to visit Nigeria, to take a COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction(PCR) test and have a negative result before embarking on the journey.
“Stay in self-isolation for seven days on arrival in Nigeria.
“Take another COVID-19 PCR test on day seven,” it advised.
- SMEDAN empowers 90 youth with sewing machines, others in Plateau
- Rukaiya Atiku backs husband as ‘only candidate who supports women’
- Eto’o tenders apology over violent conduct
- Atiku visits Ooni, pledges restructuring
- Buhari transmits FCT 2023 Budget to Senate
- Obi has nothing to offer Nigerians says APC
- Morocco win Spain 3-0 on penalty knock out
- Kanye celebrates Saint’s 7th birthday at Kim’s house
- NiMet alerts on thick dust haze in Kano, Katsina, others
- Naira redesigned: Maximum cash withdrawal now N100,000