The Commissioner of Police in Lagos state, CP Hakeem Odumosu, has warned officers and men of the Command against negligence, indolence and complacency, especially during the ember months.
Odumosu gave the warning in a statement signed by the Command’s Public Relations Officer, SP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, on Friday in Lagos.
The commissioner urged the personnel to rise up to the security challenges of the ember months that is characterised by high crimes and social vices.
“I have read the riot act to some of the policemen in the command who have not been performing their statutory duties as expected after the EndSARS violence that wrecked havoc in Lagos State.
“There is no reason or excuse for any policeman to be absent or indolent on duty in spite of the words of encouragement, solidarity and support from the Inspector-General of Police, IGP Mohammed Adamu.
“Even the Governor of Lagos State, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu and well meaning Nigerians, including our wives and mothers, the Police Officers Wives Association have encouraged officers to assume duty.
“We cannot handle the security of Lagos State with levity,” the police boss said.
Odumosu, therefore, warned Area Commnaders, District Police Officers and Heads of Department to henceforth book any policeman who failed to report to duty.
“Such officer will be dealt with according to the provisions of the Police Act and Regulations.
“I appeal to the general public and all and sundry to support the police and collectively fight crimes and criminality in the state,” Odumosu said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption