Latvian customs officers have seized a haul of around 8 million illegal cigarettes while checking a container cargo at the Free port of Riga this month, the tax authority informed on Monday.
The confiscation of the contraband cigarettes prevented a loss of more than a million euros (1.08 U.S. dollars) to the Latvian government budget, according to the State Revenue Service’s estimate.
The Latvian Tax and Customs Police have opened a criminal investigation into the smuggling case.
Also, Massive research starts into societal impact of COVID-19 in Finland.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion