SD the police intensify efforts toward apprehending attackers of Offa community in the recent robbery saga, the Commissioner of Police on the state, CP Lawan Ado, on Saturday said seven suspects have been arrested in connection with the incidence.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the armed robbers on Thursday robbed Union Bank, Ecobank, Guarantee Trust Bank, First Bank, Zenith Banks and Ibolo Micro Finance Bank.
The CP during a media briefing in Ilorin, the Kwara State Capital said the number of injured victims had yet to be ascertained as they were receiving treatment in different hospitals.
He stated that the Inspector General of Police, Mr Ibrahim Idris, has ordered a full scale investigation into the attacks.
Ado said, “Seven suspects arrested; one at Igosun road and six others at different locations in Offa. They are helping us in our investigation.
“Seven vehicles abandoned and recovered from the armed robbers. Some rifles were carted away by the robbers.
“The Inspector General of Police has ordered a full investigation and has directed his Intelligence Response Team and others to assist in getting the hoodlums arrested.
“The Command wishes to express its heartfelt condolences to the families and friends of the victims while also wishing the injured quick recovery.”
- Naira redesign: Don’t make Nigerians scapegoats, says Atiku
- Court stops PDP from suspending Wike
- Katsina rally: Tinubu gives reason for ‘low key’ campaign
- APC will win 2023 election– Fashola
- FG vows to increase workers’ minimum wage
- New Naira notes: Police warn against violence
- Agriculture contributes 23.78% to GDP – Minister
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection