Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, has been disqualified by the Screening Committee of the All Progressives Congress (APC), from contesting the forthcoming governorship election in the state, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
The committee chairman, Prof. Jonathan Ayuba, made the disclosure in a press conference on Friday afternoon.
He stated that the governor’s Higher School Certificate (HSC) is defective.
National Chairman of the party, Adams Oshiomhole, thanked the committee for a job well done.
The party chairman urged any aggrieved aspirant to approach the appeal committee to register their grievances.
Also, Engr. Chris Ogiemwonyi was not cleared to contest over discrepancy in the names on his credentials.
Dr. Pius Odubu and Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu were cleared to contest for the party’s ticket.
Earlier on Wednesday, Obaseki expressed fears that he might not get justice from the screening committee as Oshiomhole, “an interested party in Edo”, was involved in the process.
The former allies have been in a running battle for several months.
- Peace Corps sets for Buhari’s assent to Bill, begins members’ training
- NURTW warns members against rejecting old naira notes
- JAMB opens up on extending registration
- JAMB suspends CBT centre in Kwara for violating rules
- COVID-19 remains International health threat, WHO warns
- 59 confirmed dead and 157 injured in Pakistan mosque bomb blast
- Redesigned notes: Lagos residents groan as scarcity hits hard
- West Ham set up Man United tie by beating Derby
- No room for deadline extension, JAMB Registrar, Oloyede warns prospective applicants
- VIDEOS+PHOTOS: When Buhari visited Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero