Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, has been disqualified by the Screening Committee of the All Progressives Congress (APC), from contesting the forthcoming governorship election in the state, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
The committee chairman, Prof. Jonathan Ayuba, made the disclosure in a press conference on Friday afternoon.
He stated that the governor’s Higher School Certificate (HSC) is defective.
National Chairman of the party, Adams Oshiomhole, thanked the committee for a job well done.
The party chairman urged any aggrieved aspirant to approach the appeal committee to register their grievances.
Also, Engr. Chris Ogiemwonyi was not cleared to contest over discrepancy in the names on his credentials.
Dr. Pius Odubu and Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu were cleared to contest for the party’s ticket.
Earlier on Wednesday, Obaseki expressed fears that he might not get justice from the screening committee as Oshiomhole, “an interested party in Edo”, was involved in the process.
The former allies have been in a running battle for several months.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC