The Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu has begun the inspection of Computer Based Test (CBT) centres to ascertain its readiness for the 2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
Adamu, while inspecting the Digital Bridge and the Global Distance Learning centres in Abuja on Friday, told newsmen that he was satisfied with the level of preparedness of the centres.
He called on students to get acquainted with the operations regarding computer usage as this would help them in the examinations.
According to him, there will be no need for guide during the examination if students are computer literate and this would hasten the speed of examinations.
“ We are very happy. I have just been to two centres today and I am just very happy with what I am seeing.
“ I am satisfied just as the students are satisfied. But my message to the students is that they should come and use the facilities here and I hope they are computer literate.
“ If they are, they probably do not need the help of the people they will find there,’’ he said.
Similarly, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, Registrar, Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) said he was glad the minister was out to monitor the level of readiness of some of the centres ahead of the examinations.
Oloyede said that the board was complying on the instruction of the ministry to get the centres ready for the examinations.
“ The magic behind this is that the minister has given us a mandate and asked us to do the job and we are doing it the way he wanted.’’
JAMB has announced that the 2018 UTME will take place in March.
However, the registrar during a meeting with stakeholders recently in Abuja announced that the examination would be preceded with mock examination.
JAMB, however, had extended registration till midnight, Sunday, Feb. 11 to enable candidates have ample time to register.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Zamfara Gov, Bello Matawalle urges traditional rulers to tackle insecurity
- 2023: Kogi delegates shock Ameachi after requesting Yahaya Bello to stepdown ambition
- KWACCIMA collaborates with EFCC for corrupt-free business environment
- NCoS Controller advises officers to show good character, be dedicated
- Education, short road to peace, freedom—NIREC
- Cultist suspect who killed to gain promotion, women, others remanded in prison
- Don’t hold rallies in Abia, IPOB warns APC aspirant
- FG committed to protecting Nigerians from harmful use of data- Pantami
- Lagos Govt. says June 1 deadline won’t stop enforcement on Okada ban
- NAF free medical outreach excites Kaduna residents