Nigerians have been assured of proactive measures during the Eid-el-Fitr sallah festibal nationwide.
The Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu,stated this on Friday. He also enjoined citizens to observe the Eid celebrations bearing in mind the unusual times occasioned by the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
IGP Adamu further stated that the Force would continue to enforce the restriction orders put in place to curb the spread of the disease.
Force Spokesman, DCP Frank Mba, in a statement issued also reminded the citizens that the COVID-19 prevention regulation orders, including the interstate movement restriction orders, national curfew and the prohibition of mass socio-religious gatherings by the Federal Government in some states such as Lagos, Ogun, Kano, and the Federal Capital Territory, are still in force.
“The IG notes that the successful conclusion of the Ramadan, a period of self-denial geared towards attaining wholesomeness, reinforces his belief that with the citizens’ collective perseverance and voluntary compliance with the prevention regulations emplaced by governments at all levels, the nation will surely overcome the COVID-19 pandemic.
“The IG has assured the nation of adequate security during and after the Eid el-Fitr celebrations, noting that proactive and robust anti-crime measures, including the deployments of tactical and intelligence assets of the Force, are already in place to prevent any untoward incidents in the country.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide