The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Traditional Council, Mai-Martaba Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, has commended the federal government for its pro-activeness towards preventing coronavirus disease (Covid-19) from country stressing that there is need for more advocacies and campaigns against the deadly disease.
Sulu-Gambari who spoke at weekend during a special prayer organized in honour of the newly promoted Professors from the Ilorin emirate prayed that, “coronavirus which has created global panic should never find its way into Nigeria.”
The prayer was led by the Chief Imam of Ilorin, Dr. Muhammad Bashir and other Islamic clerics in Ilorin, traditional chiefs, groups and associations.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the newly promoted varsity dons are; Abdulraheem Ibrahim, Oniye, Abdulrahaman Alanamu, Ajao Moyosore, Muhammad Lawal Abdulazeez, Abdulraheem Yusuf, Jimoh Abdullah Alao, Anafi Abdulfatahi and Agbarigidoma Akorede.
He further disclosed that, “We shall soon overcome the problem Lassa fever outbreak in Nigeria because it is not part of our culture.”
The traditional ruler however described youth education as the major weapon that can usher Nigeria out of the various societal challenges adding that newly promoted academicians have important roles of mentorship to play within the Ilorin Emirate and beyond.
He also preached unity among Nigerians in order to overcome the prevailing insecurity and incessant attacks in some parts of the country adding that “only in an atmosphere of peace and harmony that Nigeria can record more growth and development.
Sulu-Gambari however besieged God to guide Nigerian leaders towards providing leadership qualities that will further translate into the desired prosperity at all levels across the nation.
He also urged University authorities to always embark on research that will continue to profer meaningful solutions to the lingering social menace, economic challenges as well as infrastructural decadence with sincere unity of purpose for the growth of humanity.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo