The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Traditional Council, Mai-Martaba Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, has commended the federal government for its pro-activeness towards preventing coronavirus disease (Covid-19) from country stressing that there is need for more advocacies and campaigns against the deadly disease.
Sulu-Gambari who spoke at weekend during a special prayer organized in honour of the newly promoted Professors from the Ilorin emirate prayed that, “coronavirus which has created global panic should never find its way into Nigeria.”
The prayer was led by the Chief Imam of Ilorin, Dr. Muhammad Bashir and other Islamic clerics in Ilorin, traditional chiefs, groups and associations.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the newly promoted varsity dons are; Abdulraheem Ibrahim, Oniye, Abdulrahaman Alanamu, Ajao Moyosore, Muhammad Lawal Abdulazeez, Abdulraheem Yusuf, Jimoh Abdullah Alao, Anafi Abdulfatahi and Agbarigidoma Akorede.
He further disclosed that, “We shall soon overcome the problem Lassa fever outbreak in Nigeria because it is not part of our culture.”
The traditional ruler however described youth education as the major weapon that can usher Nigeria out of the various societal challenges adding that newly promoted academicians have important roles of mentorship to play within the Ilorin Emirate and beyond.
He also preached unity among Nigerians in order to overcome the prevailing insecurity and incessant attacks in some parts of the country adding that “only in an atmosphere of peace and harmony that Nigeria can record more growth and development.
Sulu-Gambari however besieged God to guide Nigerian leaders towards providing leadership qualities that will further translate into the desired prosperity at all levels across the nation.
He also urged University authorities to always embark on research that will continue to profer meaningful solutions to the lingering social menace, economic challenges as well as infrastructural decadence with sincere unity of purpose for the growth of humanity.
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud
- OPINION: As Kunle Akogun Hits Diamond Age
- PHOTO NEWS: Late Emir of Dutse requests to be buried in public cemetery
- N34.1bn generated as IGR in 2022– Kwara Govt
- Buhari inaugurates new MOFI Board, says FG targets N100trn