The approval of the Christmas bonus followed a meeting between the leadership of the organized labour in the state and the council held at the Government House, Enugu. READ ALSO: Presidency to Atiku: You can’t win your Local Govt.
Briefing newsmen at the end of the meeting, the state chairman of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Virginus Nwobodo, said the gesture was unprecedented in the history of the state.
Governor Ugwuanyi continues to redefine governance with his populist and welfarist ideas. Nwobodo commended Governor Ugwuanyi for the offer, which he said was a surprise package borne out of his magnanimity and an incentive to motivate workers to discharge their duties efficiently. READ ALSO: 2019: APC is better off without Atiku in the party – Oyegun
The labour leader urged workers in the state to reciprocate the gesture by putting in their best to increase productivity. Also speaking, the state chairman of Trade Union Congress (TUC), Comrade Chukwuma Igbokwe, said that the beauty of the offer was that the workers never asked or agitated for it. READ ALSO: Kidnap suspect dies in cell
“It was freely given to us and because of that, it is another milestone in the administration of Governor Ugwuanyi, who is always passionate about workers’ welfare,” he said.
Igbokwe maintained that the leadership of the union and the workers would continue to appreciate the gesture and reciprocate by discharging their responsibilities for the growth and development of the state.
“Our prayer is that the state will continue to improve and increase its revenue so that more things will come the way of the workers,” he said.
READ ALSO: 4th Quarter Allocation: Kwara tertiary institutions receive N378million Meanwhile, NLC president, Comrade Ayuba Wabba, is of the opinion that politics in Nigeria is more like a business.
- Media Watch Group Carpets Security Agencies Over ‘State Of The Nation’
- FG developed Lagos, not Tinubu– Atiku
- Chatham House: Atiku group berates Tinubu’s conduct
- Chatham House: Tinubu clarifies his age, paternity
- Why Gov Abdulrazaq will secure second term– Commissioner
- SAD…. Ilorin-born varsity don, Sulyman Gurumoh is dead
- BREAKING…Dogara dumps APC for PDP
- Adeleke commences salary payment, vows to restore good governance
- Ronaldo signs £173m deal with Al-Nassr
- Zenith Bank wins Bank of the Year