Former first lady of Gombe State, Hajiya Yelwa Danjuma Goje is dead.
Her death was announced by his son, Ahmed Mohammed Goje, in a statement on behalf of the family.
The statement states: “With gratitude to Allah (SWT), I regret to announce the death of Her Excellency, Hajiya Yelwa Danjuma Goje, wife of the former Governor of Gombe State, Senator Mohammed Danjuma Goje.
“Aged 55, she died in a hospital in the United States of America. She is survived by her husband, Senator Goje, six children, 10 grandchildren, many relatives, supporters and admirers.
“The date and time of the funeral prayers in Gombe would be announced later.”
The Senate, in a statement signed by its president, Bukola Saraki, therefore, commiserated with the family, describing Mrs. Goje as an exemplary pillar of support, a dedicated partner and mentor to many.
“On behalf of the entire Senate, I commiserate with our brother, friend and colleague, Senator Mohammed Danjuma Goje, Chairman of the Senate Committee on Appropriation, on the loss of his dear wife, Hajia Yelwa Mohammed Goje.
“Over the years, Mrs. Goje served as an exemplary pillar of support to her husband and played the role of a dedicated mother and mentor to many in her community.
“As we join the Goje family to mourn her passing today, we pray that the Almighty Allah (SWT) grant her soul a place among the righteous ones in Al-Jannah Firdaus.
“We also pray that Allah grants the family of Senator Goje the strength and fortitude to bear this irreparable loss. Amin,” he said
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign