Some passengers have been reported dead on a moving train which left Lagos for Kano on Friday, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
Due to fuel scarcity and hike in the fare of commercial motorists, if was gathered some students and Corp members resolved to manage on top of the coaches in the train which left Ilorin Railway Station at about 11.30 on Saturday.
A source who spoke with our correspondent disclosed that the train which is currently approching Kaduna as at the time of filing this report (6.55pm) is full to capacity and some passengers paid N2, 500 to manage on top of the train from Ilorin to Zaria.
He said: “Some of them had fell on the way and died instantly while the remaining are lamenting hardship as the train is moving.”
See pictures below:
- Samuel Eto’o attacks man outside stadium in Qatar
- NBA President shuns call to bar ceremony presided over by Olanipekun
- Media Watch Group Carpets Security Agencies Over ‘State Of The Nation’
- FG developed Lagos, not Tinubu– Atiku
- Chatham House: Atiku group berates Tinubu’s conduct
- Chatham House: Tinubu clarifies his age, paternity
- Why Gov Abdulrazaq will secure second term– Commissioner
- SAD…. Ilorin-born varsity don, Sulyman Gurumoh is dead
- BREAKING…Dogara dumps APC for PDP
- Adeleke commences salary payment, vows to restore good governance