The federal government has approved the payment of the February and March 2020 withheld salaries of lecturers in federal universities, who had not registered in the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System.
A statement on Tuesday by the Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, said “the payment was immediate and without condition”.
In the statement circulated by his media aide, Emmanuel Nzomiwu, Ngige said “the President also directed the Hon. Minister of Finance, Budget and Planning, and the Accountant General of the Federation to effect the payment urgently by all means to cushion the effects of COVID-19 pandemic lockdown period on lecturers and members of their family”.
The labour minister added that all the Vice-Chancellors were asked to revalidate the affected lecturers’ Bank Verification Numbers and forward to the Accountant General of the Federation for the payments.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC