Amina Isah, Abuja
The federal government on Thursday received an upgraded office and official vehicle support from World Health Organisation (WHO), the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) and the President’s Emergency Plan For AIDS Relief, in the fight against HIV/AIDS in Nigeria.
The Minister of Health, Professor Isaac Adewole, while receiving the gestures from the development partners said the donation was the beginning of an end of HIV /AIDS in country.
According to the Minister, “On behalf of Federal Ministry of Health and by extension the people and Government of Nigeria, I want to sincerely appreciate WHO and other partners for the good gesture and to reassure you that it will go a long way in our fight to eliminate HIV in Nigeria.”
Prof. Adewole had earlier informed staff of the National AIDS /STIs Control Programme (NASCP), that Nigeria had re-established the National Treatment Prevention Programme with a view of taking full control of National HIV response programme in the country.
He however assured the partners that the Federal Government would put in place a structure that would sustain cordial relationship between government and her development Partners.
Earlier speaking, WHO’s representative, Dr Rex Mpazanje, said that the donation was to complement the effort of Nigerian Government in area of fight against HIV/ AIDs, adding that WHO remained committed to supporting the government and the people of Nigeria in ensuring that the nation is HIV free.
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai
- Kwara Speaker celebrates Gov. Abdulrazaq at 63
- 2023 polls: Buratai solicits support for Tinubu, APC
- CAN felicitates Kwara Gov., AbdulRazaq at 63