The Federal Government has been urged to consistently embark on massive investment in power generation for some years as a way out of the power crisis the nation is perpetually facing.
Engr. Yusuf Aliyu, stated this at the weekend while speaking with journalists, suggesting that the federal government can partner and encourage foreign investors to come to Nigeria and build more power plants.
Engr. Aliyu lamented that “presently, the nation has only about four thousand megawatts which is serving about N180 million people.”
ROYAL NEWS reports that Aliyu who retired recently from Shell Petroleum Development Company in Canada.
According to him, “Countries like Canada with a population of only 36million have about 135,000 megawatts of power generation while South Africa also with about 56,000 population has a generating plant capacity of 45,000 megawatts .
“The generation capacity of a nation should grow with the population and the economy of that country adding that the nucleus of any developed nation is on its power generation.”
Speaking further, the oil and gas consultant disclosed that presently, Nigeria has huge oil and gas reserves which stood at 37billion barrels proven reserves of oil and 119trillion cubic feet of gas that can last the nation for another 20years.
- Why I stripped naked to pray for Tinubu’ victory– Olaiya Igwe
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution