Chairperson of the International Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA), Badagry Branch, Mrs Adaku Mbama, on Tuesday called for zero tolerance for all forms of violence against the girl child in the year 2022.
Mbama told ROYAL NEWS that there is now a dire need to create a safe atmosphere for the girl child, as mothers of tommorow, so as to repose courage and confidence in them.
She called for zero tolerance to all forms of abuses, molestations, and deprivation on the girl child.
“Going forward in the justice system, we call for zero tolerance to domestic violence, rape, defilement, molestation, and particularly, discrimination against women.
“We want a fair and equitable society, where women can work wherever they choose; we also wish that the coming year fosters gender parity and equality.
“It is also important that government puts in place a formidable team to serve as rapid response, to victims of domestic violence
“We declare zero tolerance to all forms of victimisation, sexual exploitation in offices, starvation, as well as stalking of the girl child,” she said.
According to her, issues of widowhood rights must be given prime attention; adding that there should be no case of deprivation of widowhood inheritances.
She urged that there be better adherence to the rule of law and the grundnorm, while all forms of discrimination against women be discouraged.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Two more internet fraudsters jailed in Kwara + 2 Photos
- MAN unveils secretariat in Kwara, lauds Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Farm workers kill owner in Kwara, remanded in prison
- FG Inaugurates Nigerian Shippers’ Council Governing Board
- Artisan docked for allegedly stealing cellphone
- NIS chief warns officers against extortion in passport processing
- We engage consultant in waste management for clean, healthy environment- Oyo Govt
- Ikpeazu inaugurates ABSU governing council, approves 3 months salary arrears payment
- NAF eliminates terrorists leader, Shanono in Kaduna
- Lagos residents to pay more for waste management — LAWMA