A 19 year old son of an herbalist, Olasunkanmi Yekini, was on Thursday, arraigned before an Osun State Magistrates’ Court sitting in Osogbo for the alleged theft of three pants belonging to a lady.
It was gathered, allegedly stole the pants and a Tecno mobile phone in Osogbo while one of the stolen pants had a blood-stained sanitary pad.
The police prosecutor, Inspector Muslim Jafani, said Olasunkanmi broke into the room of one Folashade Ganiyu at No.12 Ibokun Road, Oja Oba, Osogbo, on January 28, 2019, around 10am.
The accused was said to have stolen the pants and a Tecno phone valued at N5,050, an offence the prosecutor said was contrary to and punishable under the Laws of Osun State of Nigeria, 2003.
Jafani said police operatives in a patrol van rescued the accused as a mob had descended on him.
The accused pleaded not guilty to the two counts of on theft and breach of peace.
Olasunkanmi pleaded for mercy, saying his mother was dead and that his herbalist father would not come to his rescue.
Magistrate R. A. Olayemi, in her ruling, promised to give the case accelerated hearing.
She ordered that the accused be remanded in the Ilesha Prison and adjourned the matter till February 4, 2019, for hearing.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Emir Sulu-Gambari set to install Balogun Gambari as most senior counsellor in Ilorin Emirate
- Divorce: JJC Skillz divorces Nollywood Star, Funke Akindele
- Gov Zulum directs promotion of deserving civil servants
- Kano APC Senator, Shekarau finally defects to NNPP
- Senate Confirms Buhari 7 Ministerial Norminees
- Fraud: Senate summons NIA boss over N/Delta activists’ blacklist by DSS
- Organ harvesting: Senate delegation to visit Ekweremadu, wife in London
- Ado-Ekiti Yahoo-Boy Jailed Two Years for Scam, Loses N13m Car to FG
- Money-politics affecting Nigeria’s political processes— Ex-Minister
- Kwara monarch introduces new currency for business activities in own community