The final funeral rites for the late Oba Charles Ibitoye, Olomu of Omu-Aran in the Irepodun local government Area of Kwara State, has been fixed for April 14.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Oba Ibitoye died on Dec. 1, 2017, at the age of 64.
Mr Muyiwa Oladipo, the Chairman of Irepodun Local Government Council, announced the funeral date while inaugurating a 40-member funeral committee.
It was gathered that the funeral programme is expected to witness a church service at the Anglican Cathedral Church, Omu-Aran, followed by a reception.
Inaugurating the committee in Omu-Aran on Thursday, Oladipo urged members to put in their best and come up with a funeral befitting the status of the late Ibitoye as a first class monarch.
Oladipo, who said the community was still in shock and grief over the monarch’s death, said the entire community was consoled that the late Olomu left behind exemplary legacies while his reign lasted.
“This committee has been put in place to give our late monarch a memorable funeral to depict maximum love and respect as our tradition,” the chairman added.
Chief Festus Awoniyi, Chief Petu of Omu-Aran and representative of the Olomu-in-council, expressed the support of the council to the committee in order to achieve the desired objective.
He described the committee members as people of proven quality, competency, integrity and transparency.
On his part, Chief Bisi Adeyemi, President, Omu-Aran Development Association (ODA), expressed the confidence of the association in the ability of the committee to deliver as planned.
He solicited the cooperation of the indigenes and non-indigenes in the area in making the committee assignment less stressful and successful.
Chairmen of the ad-hoc committees are Otunba Bayo Sanni for Fund Raising; Mr Kayode Awotunde – Publicity; Chief S.T. Oyebanji – Venue; Prof. (Mrs) Olasehinde Williams – Entertainment; and Gen. Yemi Abidoye (rtd) – Security.
Others are Mr Ademola Olanrewaju – Cultural; Alhaji Bisi Salami – Accommodation; Mr Job Afolayan – Budget as well as the medical team from Irepodun Local Government.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment