Galatasaray star, Omar Elabdellaoui was rushed to hospital with fears he may be partially blinded in the eyes after a firework exploded in his hand while celebrating the end of 2020 at his home.
The Norwegian defender, 29, is said to be in serious condition after the horror accident on New Year’s Eve.
A club statement confirmed the former Manchester City star had suffered burns to his face and damage to his eyes, with the extent of the damage not yet known.
The statement read: “Our player Omar Elabdellaoui, who was taken to our sponsor hospital Liv Hospital after an unfortunate accident at his home in the evening, was given the first intervention.
“The damage to the eyes of our player who has burns on his face will be understood after further examinations.
“A lot of information will be given about the developments regarding our conscious and life-threatening player.”
Galatasaray vice president Abdurrahim Albayrak, coach Fatih Terim and captain Arda Turan are believed to have joined Elabdellaoui in hospital.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections