The Chief of Staff to the President, Prof. Ibrahim Gambari, on Sunday led the Federal Government’s delegation to the burial of Emir of Zazzau, Alhaji Shehu Idris, in Zaria, Kaduna State.
Malam Garba Shehu, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, confirmed this in a statement in Abuja.
Those on the delegation, according to him, included the ministers of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed, Environment, Mahmud Mohammed and that of Aviation, Sen. Hadi Sirika.
Also on the delegation was the President’s spokesman, Malam Garba Shehu.
The team was received on arrival at the School of Aviation in Zaria by a Kaduna State delegation led by the Gov. Nasir El-Rufa’i.
While conveying the condolences of President Muhammadu Buhari, the Chief Staff said the late Emir had paid his dues to the nation.
Read Also:Buhari renews appointment of Niger Delta Power Holding Coy MD, 2 EDs(Opens in a new browser tab)
He said his enviable roles in nation-building and the unification of Nigerians would never be forgotten.
In his response, Gov. El-Rufa’i said the people of Kaduna State had lost a caring father.
He thanked the president for sending ”a powerful delegation to the burial ceremonies”.
The Emir died at the 44 Army Reference Hospital, Kaduna in the early hours of Sunday at the age of 84.
Shehu Idris was coronated the Emir of Zazzau on Feb. 15, 1975, and ruled the emirate for 45 years, before his death.(NAN)
- SAD…. Ilorin-born varsity don, Sulyman Gurumoh is dead
- BREAKING…Dogara dumps APC for PDP
- Adeleke commences salary payment, vows to restore good governance
- Ronaldo signs £173m deal with Al-Nassr
- Zenith Bank wins Bank of the Year
- Late Onijagbo was a great servant of God— Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Emir of Ilorin mourns late Onijagbo, Oba Fagbemi
- I’m thinking of getting married for sex, says Juliana Olayode
- DMO raises concern over Nigeria’s debt
- BREAKING…Yoruba King, Onijagbo of Ijagbo dies