Kwara State Governor, Dr Abdulfatah Ahmed has called for the establishment of military formations in border communities across the state to strengthen security of lives and property.
Governor Ahmed made the call when he received the Commandant, National Defence College, Nigeria, Abuja, Rear Admiral Samuel Alade at the Government House.
The Governor who commended the military for its supportive roles in maintaining law and order in the state promised that the government would continue to provide useful information to the security agencies with a view to strengthening security situation in the state.
Governor Ahmed described the visit of the military officers to the state as proper strategies for military leadership.
Speaking earlier, the Commandant, National Defence College, Nigeria, Abuja, Rear Admiral Samuel Alade informed the Governor that a Group of 51 officers from the College were in the state for study tour of some strategic establishments in the state.
Rear Admiral Alade who said the team was impressed of what they saw in both Kam wire Industries and International Aviation College, both in Ilorin, promised to make the report of the Group available to the state government for domestication of their findings.
He therefore pledged that the military would continue to support and collaborate with the government in providing adequate security in the state.
- Kwara Gov directs distribution of 20,000 50kg bags of maize*
- Meet Prince Fahad Okechukwu Emetumah, a Lawyer turned Musician
- Only security can guarantee peace, economic growth –Minister
- UNSCR 2250: FG, groups seek support for lasting peace among youths
- FG, Foreign Football Agents, Others Partner Obasa Cup
- Senators donate N1m each to victims of Kaduna drone misfire
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector