The Kwara state State Government has been urged to ensure that the N600million approved by the Federal government onKaiama – Kishi road Project is accessed to make the Contractor handling the road project returns to site immediately.
This is part of the resolutions of the State House of Assembly, while reconsidering a report titled “Urgent Attention on Kaiama – Kishi road” under construction raised by a member representing Gwanabe /Gweria/Adena Constituency Hon.Baasiki Sulaiman.
The Speaker while reading the resolutions of the House explained that the State government had been magnanimous in embarking on the Federal Government project in view of its strategic importance to the socio – economic transformation of the State, but noted that the people of the area were not happy with the Contractor in view of the fact that work so far done on the road project did not Commensurate with N500m released by the state government.
The House equally enjoined the State Government to be magnanimous in handling the project through the state infrastructural fund, pending when the Federal Government would be ready to finance the road project.
It also charged the State Ministry of Works and Transport to perform its statutory responsibility of monitoring and supervising the project to specification, while progress report according to the Speaker should be made to the House through the House Committee on Energy, Works and Transport
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes