Fulani traditional ceremonies and other festivities in the night areas in jigawa has been banned by the State Security Committee of Gagarawa Local Government Council.
The Information Officer of the council, Alhaji Ahmad Sulaiman, disclosed this to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Dutse on Saturday.
According to Sulaiman the council’s Chairman, Alhaji Ibrahim Ya’u, announced the decision at the end of the council’s security meeting on Thursday.
He explained that the action was taken following frequent cases of unnecessary quarrels and fighting during such ceremonies.
The information officer said Ya’u, therefore, warned the herdsmen to strictly comply with the directive or face the full wrath of the law.
NAN recalls that the District Head of Jeke in Suletankarkar Local Government Area of Jigawa, Alhaji Muhammadu Alassan had also banned Fulani local traditional ceremonies in the night in his domain.
Alassan, who gave the directive during a meeting with village and ward heads in April, noted that such events end up in quarrels and loss of lives and property.
The district head also warned residents of the area against carrying weapons while going to markets or attending ceremonies and social gatherings.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory