TWO UNIDENTIFIED gunmen suspected to be cultists have killed one Theophilus Obinna Onele, a student of Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, at the weekend.
The deceased, aged 25, a final year student of History and International Relations, was killed around 8pm at a bear palour known as P3 Bar, at Ishieke annex of the university. Our reporter learnt that the deceased was having a good time at the bar when his killers, who wear dressed in black, stormed the venue with a motorbike and shot him dead.
He was rushed to the Federal Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki, by men of Nigeria Police who were alerted about the incident, but doctors pronounced him dead on arrival. Fillers from the campus said he was killed as a result of a clash between two rival cult groups. But a relation of the deceased, who spoke under the condition of anonymity, said he was killed while trying to buy Akara(bean cake) for super that fateful day.
On whether the brother’s death was connected to the rival cult clash reportedly going on in the campus, he said he would not link his brother’s assassination to any cult clash because he was not a cultist. He appealed to security agents to hunt down his killers for them to face the full wrath of the law.
When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Jude Madu said he heard the incident as a rumour but was yet to get an official signal from Ishieke Police Division.
- Flooding: Wurukum Traders appeal to Gov over N2bn properties loss
- Kwara Police gets first female spokesperson, DSP Ejire-Adeyemi Adetoun
- Nigeria committed to end terrorism, maintenance of peace –Gaidam
- Kwara Govt. Kicks Against Street Begging
- (PHOTOS) Medical Laboratory Council Inducts KWASU’s 46 Newly Qualified Graduates
- 12 feared dead in ghastly auto crash in Kwara
- Gov. AbdulRazaq’s media aide, Rafiu Ajakaye warns against sensational reporting
- COAS visits Benue, pledges more military interventions in crises ridden areas
- Engr. Yunusa Yahaya’s death, a monumental loss to humanity— Emir of Okuta
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death