The Emir of Ilorin, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, has called on Nigerians to be committed to praying for the country and the leaders in order to stimulate the economy and ensure the achievement of the desired peaceful co-existence.
He added that only harmonious working relationship among adherence of religions can usher in guaranteed security, economic recovery and growth among others stressing that, “Let us continue to love and tolerate ourselves.”
The Emir in a statement issued in Ilorin on Tuesday by the National Secretary of Shehu Alimi Foundation for Peace and Development, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, disclosed that a special prayer has been organized in honour President Muhammadu Buhari and the nation at large to hold at the Ilorin Central Mosque on Friday, 17th March 2017.
He noted that the prayer session will be centred on President Buhari’s health and the porus economic situation in the country among other factors adding that, “Only God alone can grant sound health to whoever He wills.”
While urging the general public to be punctual for the prayer session, the emir also thanked Allah for the safe return of the President from his medical vacation and urged Nigerians to always intensify efforts towards praying for the entire leaders of the country for the desired positive change.
He also advised Nigerians to shun reckless utterances, hate campaigns and rumours capable of of dividing the nation in the face of the numerous challenges facing her.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption