Jalige said that an unspecified number of bandits broke into the community of Gabari, Samaru, in the Sabon Gari local government area of Kaduna state on Friday.
An anonymous caller quickly got through to the Divisional Police Office in Danmagaji, Zaria, he said.
“The caller said that an unspecified number of suspected bandits, dressed in military clothing, invaded the community, shooting sporadically and taking four victims to the forest,” Jalige also said.
He added that upon receiving the information, men from Operation Puff Adder II, a police unit and local vigilantes mobilized and ambushed the bandits on their intended escape route.
Jalige said the strategy paid off as two of the victims were rescued during a fierce encounter with the bandits.
He added that with the help of local vigilantes, the team set up a second ambush in Gwada Village, another escape route for the bandits.
“Those who escaped the first ambush were intercepted just as two other victims were rescued unharmed.
“Unfortunately, one person was previously shot and killed by bandits in Kufena Village, Wusasa, for refusing to be kidnapped,” he said.
He urged members of the public to always alert the police with immediate information as the Police Commissioner, Mr. Yekini Ayoku, has ensured the confidentiality of the information received.
The commissioner also condolences with the family of the deceased and prayed that he find eternal rest.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Buhari’s Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen, withdraws from Senatorial race
- Stirke: UNILORIN VC sends strong message to FG, ASUU
- Ekiti guber race: I’m committed to APC’s victory at poll—Bamidele
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES