Mr Kingsley Fanwo, Information Commissioner, disclosed this shortly after the State Executive Council Meeting at Government House, Kogi.
Fanwo said that Gov Yahaya Bello, who dropped the cheering news during the meeting, assured residents of his administration’s determination to continue to record more wins for the state.
“It’s on record that this administration has recorded many giant strides in various sectors covering the thematic areas of our governor’s New Direction Blueprint.
“This new breakthrough in the “derivation allocation will no doubt make us do more for our people.
“On breaking the news, our governor said he was so elated to announce to the good people of Kogi State that the administration has received our first derivation allocation as an Oil Producing State.
The Commissioner further said that Bello restated his promise to the people that he would ensure that the resources worked for them.
“Our governor has once again proved that he is a goal getter with the tenacious manner he defended the interest of the state to be listed as an Oil Producing State, ” the Commissioner said.
- BREAKING… IGP, Usman Baba sentenced to prison
- Arsonists cannot deter us from holding 2023 elections, INEC Chairman
- Bank failure: Depositors’ monies safe– NDIC assures
- FG approves 2-week paternity leave for civil servants
- Labour Party challenges Tinubu to open debate with Peter Obi
- Society for Peace Holds 16th Annual Conference Nov. 30
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor
- Housewife, 20, arrested for allegedly killing her co-wife with pestle in Bauchi
- Buhari’s in-law, Sha’aban resigns from APC