The Kwara State 2018 Appropriation Bill of N181.8 billion, presented by Governor AbdulFatah Ahmed, on Thursday passed second reading at the state House of Assembly.
The motion for the second reading of the Bill was moved by the House leader, Mr Hassan Oyeleke and seconded by Mr Mathew Banister (APC).
The Bill, tagged “Budget of Sustained Growth and Prosperity“ was passed for second reading after all members had contributed to its debate, an exercise that lasted over two hours.
Oyeleke said that the budget had four basic features for the development of the state, adding that when passed and assented to would enhance infrastructure development of the state.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the Clerk of the House, Alhaji Mohammed Katsina, later read the budget for the second time.
The Deputy Speaker, Mathew Okedare, who presided over the plenary, directed the House Committee on Finance and Appropriation to further work on the budget for other legislative activities.
He also directed the committee to report progress of work on the budget to the House on Dec. 19.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Dancing Senator, Ademola Adeleke declared as authentic Osun PDP candidate
- Hajj: NAHCON inaugurates, screens medical team
- PHOTO NEWS: Faces at NDC security seminar held in Abuja
- EFCC traces N130m illegal trasnfer into ex-Speaker Patricia Etteh’s account
- FCTA laments influx of beggars from states
- NERC releases update on alleged Tariff increment
- Saraki woos Osun PDP delegates, canvasses support for Adeleke
- PHOTO NEWS: Tinubu visits Kwara, salutes Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Tinubu assures of victory against any PDP candidate
- KWACCIMA pleads with FG to reopen Kwara, Niger borders