Kwara State Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq has commiserated with the authorities of the Nigerian Air Force on the death of LCPL Goselle Nanpon who was killed by a truck driver at a security point in Ilorin, Kwara State.
The Governor also sent a get-well-soon message to LCPL Yahaya Ayuba who sustained a spinal cord injury in the accident, according to a statement by Rafiu Ajakaye, the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, on Wednesday.
The Governor described the incident as tragic and painful, and commended the Air Force for the maturity and professionalism with which its officers handled the unfortunate incident.
“My heartfelt condolences go to the highest echelon of the Nigerian Air Force and to the families affected. It was indeed a regrettable tragedy and one occupational hazard too many. That incident again underpins the need for citizens to show due respect to the security operatives for the weight of sacrifices they make in the course of keeping our country safe. We truly appreciate them and regret the huge loss of an officer and a serious injury to the other,” the Governor said in a statement.
“A state government delegation is being despatched to visit the families of the officers as a mark of respect for their service and sacrifices. We pray the Almighty God to grant speedy recovery to the injured officer and repose the soul of LCPL Goselle Nanpon and comfort his family.”
- NURTW warns members against rejecting old naira notes
- JAMB opens up on extending registration
- JAMB suspends CBT centre in Kwara for violating rules
- COVID-19 remains International health threat, WHO warns
- 59 confirmed dead and 157 injured in Pakistan mosque bomb blast
- Redesigned notes: Lagos residents groan as scarcity hits hard
- West Ham set up Man United tie by beating Derby
- No room for deadline extension, JAMB Registrar, Oloyede warns prospective applicants
- VIDEOS+PHOTOS: When Buhari visited Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero
- Abiola Bawuah becomes UBA CEO in Africa