Speakers at a one day symposium organised by wife of Kwara Governor, Mrs Omolewa Ahmed, urged women in the state to awaken the giant in them in order to unleash their potential.
They gave the advice on Thursday at an event to commemorate 2018 world International Women’s Day in Ilorin tagged: “Press for progress”.
Speaking at the event, the Kwara state Head of Service (HoS) , Mrs Modupe Oluwole, described women as multifunctional and multi-tasking beings.
She advised women to guard against laziness and distraction to attain self actualization disclosing that the state government had made 700 hectres of land available for civil servants who intend to engage in farming.
In her remarks, the first female mechanic in Nigeria, Engr Sandra Aguebor, told females to think outside the box stressing that, “I urge you to aspire to become what you want to be.
“Have the courage to delve into the uncharted territory even if the odds are against you, ” she said.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the program featured motivational talks from women who have excelled in their chosen career including Engr Sandra Aguebor who’s Nigeria’s first lady mechanic, cynthia Mosunmola Umoru, a successful farmer, Mrs ini Ambimbola, an entrepreneur among others.
Also, 100 women were empowered and given scholarships by Mrs. Ahmed to attend International Vocational centre, at Ajase Ipo.
Facebook Comments Box
- Society for Peace Holds 16th Annual Conference Nov. 30
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor
- Housewife, 20, arrested for allegedly killing her co-wife with pestle in Bauchi
- Buhari’s in-law, Sha’aban resigns from APC
- Unilorin ASUU protest alleged casualisation of intellectual workers
- Tinubu will run an all-inclusive government, says PCC
- London museum returns looted Benin bronzes to Nigeria
- Fire guts 150 shops in Kachako Market in Kano State
- 2023 Election: INEC won’t allow PVC collection by proxy