Kwara Speaker tasks journalists on professionalism
The Speaker, Kwara House of Assembly, Mr Yakubu Salihu, has charged journalists to continue to ensure professionalism in their reportage.
Salihu gave the task on Wednesday while receiving a Survenior donated to him by the State House of Assembly Press Corp to congratulate him on his re-election in the just concluded general elections in the state.
He described media as a strategic tool for political stability and as an interface between the government and the people.
The speaker assured residents of the state of quality legislations towards improving their welfare and pledged to improve on observed grey areas in the 10th Assembly when inaugurated.
Also speaking, the Deputy Speaker, Mr Raphael Adetiba, chronicled the journey so far of the 9th Assembly and praised the Assembly Press Corp for their undiluted dissemination of information of the legislature.
The Vice Chairman, House Committee on Information, Youth, Culture and Tourism, Mr Felix Awodiji, noted that the success of the 9th Assembly would be incomplete without decent reportage of its Press Corp.
He saluted the House Correspondents for their dedication to work
Earlier, the Chairman, Kwara State House of Assembly Press Corp, Mr Abdulrazaq Bello of Radio Nigeria Harmony FM, Idofian, applauded the speaker for not disappointing the youth constituency as a successful young politician.
Bello explained that the token Survenior from was to congratulate and appreciate the Speaker for his re-election and fruitfully piloting the affairs of the House.
On his part, the state Chairman, Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Kwara Council, Mr Abdul-lateef Ahmed, eulogized the House for ensuring harmonious working relationship between the legislature and executive in the state.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Tinubu swears in Akume as SGF
- Why we didn’t embark on strike over subsidy removal– NLC
- No-Man’s Land: Lagos to make laws toprotect indigenes
- Peace Mass Transit says bus fares will not be increased despite fuel price
- Family releases burial arrangements for late AIT/RayPower CEO, Raymond Dokpesi
- Senate rejects controversial Water Resources Bill
- You’ve represented the dynasty excellently, Emir of Ilorin tells Prof. Gambari
- Tinubu gets Senate’s approval to appoint 20 Special Advisers
- EFCC to arraign 20 internet fraudster suspects in Kwara
- NLC, TUC pictures from Aso Rock Villa