The House Leader, Kwara State House of Assembly, Hon. Hassan Oyeleke, on Monday paid the school fees and donated uniforms worth N3 million to 150 indigent Secondary School Students in Offa Local government area of the state.
Addressing the beneficiaries parents and Guardians , the House Leader said he embarked on the gesture to assist indigent students and further boost the educational development of the Local Government Area.
The House Leader who said the gesture will be on annual basis, pointed out, that he was thinking of increasing the number of the beneficiaries in the coming year.
Hon.Oyeleke, who described education as the bedrock of any sustainable development, observed that the best way of empowering future generation, was to invest in their educational attainment.
The Olofa of Offa, Oba Mufutau Gbadamosi, in his message called on sons and daughters of Offa to complement government’s efforts in the development of education in Offa.
The monarch, who was represented by Essa of Offa, Chief Yinus Bukoye, praised the foresight of the House leader and urged other political office holders in the Country to emulate him in the task of fast tracking the educational attainment of the indigent Students.
The Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Kwara South Senatorial District, Alhaji Jimoh Balogun, in his remark commended the House leader for his philanthropist gesture, pointing out that scholarship would remain indelible in the annal of history of the Local Government Area.
He advised other political office holders to emulate the kind gesture of the House Leader to ensure accelerated development of education, in the State.
The Chief Imam of Offa, Sheikh Muyideen Hussein in his sermon reminded those in positions of authority of the need to be more sensitive to the yearnings and aspirations of the less privileged, in the Society, stressing that such an would be rewarded by God.
Responding on behalf of the beneficiaries, Sakariyyah Mohammed of Government Secondary School Offa,while applauding the gesture of the House Leader, promised to reciprocate, through improved performance in their respective Schools
- TUC calls on FG to solve naira, fuel crises
- Petrol scarcity to end in one week– NNPC
- Lagos PDP mourns as deputy governorship candidate loses mum
- Plateau Govt hands over 32 missionary schools to original owners
- AMAZING…. Ohanaeze Ndigbo finally reveals candidates to support during elections
- Why I’m supporting Tinubu, AbdulRazaq— Latinwo
- INEC has no business with MC Olumo, but park managers– REC
- Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira scarcity
- Opposition behind naira frustration– Lai Mohammed
- Breaking…. IPMAN orders fuel stations to shutdown operations