The Lagos State House of Assembly on Tuesday passed a bill for the establishment of Lagos State Lottery And Gaming Authority.
The assembly passed the bill through a voice vote after its third reading.
The Speaker, Mudashiru Obasa, explained that the passage of the bill had harmonised all other laws relating to gaming and lottery activities in the state.
Obasa said that the bill would further regulate gaming and lottery activities in the state.
The speaker also said an ad hoc committee had been constituted to organise a public hearing on land grabbing in the state.
Obasa noted that the committee would report back to the House in three weeks time.
He said that the House Majority Leader, Mr Sanai Agunbiade (Ikorodu 1), was the Chairman of the committee.
“Other members of the committee are the Deputy Majority Leader, Noheem Adams (Eti-Osa 1), Mrs Mosunmola Sangodara (Surulere 2), and Mr Abiodun Tobun (Epe 1).
“Others included Mr Rasheed Makinde (Ifako-Ijaye 1), Mr Nurudeen Akinsanya (Mushin 1), Mr Victor Akande (Ojo1) and Mr Adedamola Kasunmu (Ikeja 1).
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment