Lagos Govt says website not hacked
The Lagos State Commissioner for Science and Technology, Hakeem Fahm, on Saturday debunked the news that the state government´s website had been hacked.
Fahm said in a statement that the information was wrong and should be disregarded by the public.
“The attention of the Lagos State Government has been drawn to a publication by the Guardian Newspapers on Thursday, 22nd of October 2020, claiming that the Lagos State Government website was hacked.
“I wish to come out to clear the air on the issue. This information is not true. Our website was never hacked.
“Members of the public should always verify issues and get facts and figures right before dissemination.
“For the avoidance of doubt, I hereby confirm that the Lagos State website is up and running perfectly,´´ he said.
The commissioner said that over the past few days, the flow of misinformation on social media and other channels had been alarming and this has put the security of residents at immense risk.
Fahm assured Lagosians that the state government remains steadfast in its commitment to the safety of lives and property of its citizens and that of the state.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Ex-Nigerian Minister, Kola Jamodu installed as Asiwaju of Ere Kingdom (PHOTOS)
- IEYDA applauds Police, Army, others over peaceful conduct of polls
- How FG punished me for going to court over naira policy – Gov Matawalle
- Nigeria’s total public debt stock hits N46.25trn in Q4 2022 – NBS
- Asari Dokubo leads solidarity walk for President-Elect Tinubu in Rivers State
- MC Oluomo bans illegal Agbero taxes in part of Lagos
- Justice AbdulMuttalib Ambali’s demise, great loss to humanity Emir Sulu-Gambari
- TRIBUTE TO LATE HON. JUSTICE MUTALLIB AHMAD AMBALI OFR
- UNILORIN don, Prof. Aishatu Gobir gets new appointment, group reacts
- Ikpeazu sacks all Special Advisers, Aides