Aminat Isah, Abuja
The Federal Government has signed a Contract Agreement of $6.68 with the China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CC.ECC), on the Ibadan – Kaduna Railway Segment of the Lagos-Kano Railway Line
The Honourable Minister of Transportation, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, disclosed this while addressing Journalists shortly after signing the Contract Agreement.
“Contract Agreement is for the implementation of Addendum no. 4 Ibadan- Kaduna segment of the Lagos- Kano Rail line at the cost of $6.68 billion.
“This one is Ibadan- Kaduna Rail Line which is part of the Lagos-Kano rail line” he said. The Hon. Minister added that the completion time of the contract should between 2-3 year depending on the availability of funds.”
Amaechi promised that the Ministry should be able to provide its counterpart funding between this year and next year budget provision., adding that the Ibadan- Kaduna Standard Gauge line will pass through Oshogbo-ilorin-Minna to Kaduna, with a single track branch line from Oshogbo to Ado- Ekiti.
He noted that the Contract is in fulfilment of Federal government’s plan to complete the Lagos- Kano rail modernization Project which was started in 2006 and broken into Segments for implementation in 2008.
The Segmentation phase commenced in Abuja- Kaduna Rail Line in 2011 and was completed and commissioned into Commercial operation by President Muhammadu Buhari in 2016.
The Federal government in March 2017 commenced implementation of the second leg of the Lagos – Kano line which is the Lagos-Ibadan Rail line that is currently on-going and is planned to be completed by the end of 2018.
Signing of this Ibadan –Kaduna Segment Contract Agreement today concludes all outstanding Segment of Lagos – Kano Rail Line.
Facebook Comments Box
- PHOTO NEWS: Reception in honour A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN in Abuja
- Adeleke suspends Osun election commission chair, members
- A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN: Celebrating A Prince In The Silk (PHOTOS)
- HND holders to be employed as assistant lecturers in polytechnics – NBTE
- Naira notes redesign’ll control inflation in Nigeria — Don
- Adeleke directs heads of LGAs to take over from sacked council chairmen
- My son will play for Super Eagles – Oliseh
- Man jailed one year for possessing 101 PVCs in Sokoto
- PVCs, ballot boxes, destroyed after an attack on Ebonyi INEC office
- Gov. Adeleke appoints Chief of Staff, SSG, CPS