Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II made a surprise appearance at London Fashion Week on Tuesday, taking a front-row seat next to Vogue Editor-in-Chief Anna Wintour.
The 91-year-old monarch made her first London Fashion Week appearance for British designer Richard Quinn’s runway show.
She wore a pale blue skirt suit with black gloves and shoes for the fashionable event, which saw models take to the runway in floral dresses and motorbike helmets.
Following the show, the monarch gave Quinn the inaugural Queen Elizabeth II Award for British Design, organised by the Royal Household and the British Fashion Council.
“Your Majesty, I know you do not wish to be known as a fashion icon,” BFC chief executive Caroline Rush said as she welcomed the Queen to the stage. “But from all of us in this room, we have the utmost respect for you and also for your hard work and diligence.”
The Queen said the award was given as a “tribute to the industry, and as my legacy to all those who have contributed to British fashion.”
The prize will now be awarded annually by a member of the Royal Family to an emerging British designer.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Zamfara Gov, Bello Matawalle urges traditional rulers to tackle insecurity
- 2023: Kogi delegates shock Ameachi after requesting Yahaya Bello to stepdown ambition
- KWACCIMA collaborates with EFCC for corrupt-free business environment
- NCoS Controller advises officers to show good character, be dedicated
- Education, short road to peace, freedom—NIREC
- Cultist suspect who killed to gain promotion, women, others remanded in prison
- Don’t hold rallies in Abia, IPOB warns APC aspirant
- FG committed to protecting Nigerians from harmful use of data- Pantami
- Lagos Govt. says June 1 deadline won’t stop enforcement on Okada ban
- NAF free medical outreach excites Kaduna residents