The Minister of Defence Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) has assured on Federal Government’s ceaseless efforts to secure the country against all forms of infractions affecting peace in the country.
Magashi stated this when the Ambassador of Czech Republic to Nigeria, Zdenek Krejci, paid him a courtesy visit on Thursday.
He said the Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces, President Muhammadu Buhari will stop at nothing to restore peace in the country as a matter of top Priority.
On the request of Czech Republic Ambassador to Nigeria to deepen Defence Cooperation with the country, he recalled that five working templates inform of Memorandum of Understanding, MoU are before the two Countries.
While appreciating the Czech Republic for identifying with the efforts of the Country to end insecurity at this time, the Defence Minister gave a proviso that doing business with Nigeria in the area of technology transfer and procurement must be on Government-to- Government basis.
The Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Czech Republic to Nigeria who has concurrent accreditations to nine other countries Zdenek Krejci thanked the Defence Minister for the audience.
Ambassador Krejci who was accompanied on the Courtesy call by Beata Matusikova harped on the bilateral request to grow the Defence Industries Corporation of Nigeria, DICON, Training and Procurement of Military equipment.
The interface between the two countries was witnessed by the Permanent Secretary Ministry of Defence, Dr Ibrahim Abubakar Kana, mni, the Director Joint Services Department, JSD, Olu Mustapha, the Special Adviser Technical Major General Ahmed Tijani Jibrin and the Principal General Staff Officer, Brigadier General Mohammed Baba Habeeb Manu.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Cameroon seeks AIB-N support on aircraft accident investigation
- Professionalism, training motivation, support are catalyst for transformed education system– Stakeholders
- Emir Sulu-Gambari prays for Doyen of Geology, Prof. Oyawoye at 95
- Again, Buhari urges ASUU to call off strike
- Kwara Govt secondary school without classrooms
- NBA lauds Bala Mohammed for signing judiciary autonomy bill into law
- APC Chieftain lauds Faleke’s appointment as Secretary of APC Presidential Campaign
- Transform Raw Materials To Finished and Revenue Generating Product – FG
- Afritel trains journalists on good governance, accountability reporting
- Soludo suspends LG chairman over wife’s death