Abdulrasheed Maina, the embattled ex Chairman of the Pension Reform Task Team, has asked the Federal Government to pay him the sum of N80b, which he claimed was 5% of the N1.6 trillion pension fund he recovered for the government.
In an interview obtained by channels TV, Maina said the demand was based on an agreement he had with the Head of Service, Winifred Oyo-Ita before his reinstatement.
He insisted that his reinstatement into the Federal Civil Service was based on the approval of the Office of the Head of Service of the Federation, the Federal Civil Service, and the Attorney General of the Federation.
“Maina is a Deputy Director, whom the Minister of Justice as Chief Law Officer has cleared of all wrongdoings; the DSS has cleared me of all wrongdoings; the National Security Adviser (NSA) to the President has cleared me of all wrong doings; the Head of Service cleared me even the Special Assistant to the President on Public Prosecution has also said I had no case to answer.
“Then, a small unit under the Ministry will come and start fighting me for N2.1bn. Now, I want the federal government to pay me the 5% of N1.6trn as reward for the tip I gave them for the recovered loot. Remember, I gave the tip when I was not in office.
“So, I want them to subtract the N2.1bn from the N80bn due to me for blowing the whistle on the recovered money and give me the balance,” he said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Buhari’s Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen, withdraws from Senatorial race
- Stirke: UNILORIN VC sends strong message to FG, ASUU
- Ekiti guber race: I’m committed to APC’s victory at poll—Bamidele
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES