Kidnap mastermind, Mr. Paul Owne has bagged 104 years jailterm in Kano, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
Owne was jailed by a Kano State High Court presided by Justice Zuwaira Yusuf in addition with a fine of the sum of N100,000 without option for conspiring among his 6 others accomplice and kidnapped many children who are under 10 years from Kano and sold them in Onitsha , Anambra state
The judge sentenced the convict after he pleaded guilty to all the 38 Count Charge against him by Kano State Government.
Delivering the Judgment, on Friday, Justice Yusuf categorised the offences according to 3 classifications.
The first category the court upheld that the convict was found guilty in count 2, 8, 9, 2, 27 and 34, hence, she convicted him to 7 years each without option of fine in addition with the sum of N100,000 fine
Similarly, the court found Paul guilty in count 3, 5, 10, 11, 22, 28 and 38 head count and was sentenced to 7 years.
While in the last category Justice Yusuf said the action of Paul was in contravention of count 4, 12, 13, 29 and 38, therefore convicted him to 4 years on each count without option of fine.
She ordered that all the count shall run consecutively
The convicted person was arraigned before the court alongside his 5 other defendants who pleaded not guilty to all the charges read over to them namely: Ogbono, Emanuel Igwe, Loise Duru, Monica Oracha and Chinelo Ifedigwe, hence their trial will continue
- Why I’m supporting Tinubu, AbdulRazaq— Latinwo
- INEC has no business with MC Olumo, but park managers– REC
- Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira scarcity
- Opposition behind naira frustration– Lai Mohammed
- Breaking…. IPMAN orders fuel stations to shutdown operations
- Turkey-Syria Earthquake: Death toll crosses 5,000
- Atiku pays courtesy visit to Bauchi traditional rulers
- FG tasks Hajj Institute on best services to pilgrims
- Man United massively transformed under Ten Hag – De Gea
- Naira redesign: Don’t make Nigerians scapegoats, says Atiku