The leadership of the Kwara state House of Assembly on Tuesday summoned the Secretary to the State Government, Alhaji Isiaka Gold and the Chairman of the State Internal Revenue Service, Dr. Murtala Awodun, over alleged shortchanging of Kwarans in the recent military and paramilitary recruitment exercises.
The house issued the summon after accepting an explanation from the chairman of the House Committee on Judiciary on the Committee’s findings on the alleged shortchanging of Kwara indigenes in military and paramilitary recruitment.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the Secretary to the state Government is expected to explain details of recruitment while the Chairman of lnternal revenue service will explain the alleged proliferation of certificates of origin of various local government in the state.
The house had last Thursday passed a resolution after adopting a motion,directing its committee on Judiciary to investigate alleged shortchanging of kwara indigines in Military recruitment.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign