The leadership of the Kwara state House of Assembly on Tuesday summoned the Secretary to the State Government, Alhaji Isiaka Gold and the Chairman of the State Internal Revenue Service, Dr. Murtala Awodun, over alleged shortchanging of Kwarans in the recent military and paramilitary recruitment exercises.
The house issued the summon after accepting an explanation from the chairman of the House Committee on Judiciary on the Committee’s findings on the alleged shortchanging of Kwara indigenes in military and paramilitary recruitment.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the Secretary to the state Government is expected to explain details of recruitment while the Chairman of lnternal revenue service will explain the alleged proliferation of certificates of origin of various local government in the state.
The house had last Thursday passed a resolution after adopting a motion,directing its committee on Judiciary to investigate alleged shortchanging of kwara indigines in Military recruitment.
- COAS commissions projects at NAIC Hdqtrs (PHOTOS)
- Senate approves Tinubu’s removal of Irukera as FCCPC boss
- NDDC: Senate rejects Anambra as lawmakers biker over Kogi
- Senate Summons Wike , FCT CP over spate of kidnappings
- Reps Reject NNPCL’s OVH Acquisition Report, Order Fresh Investigation
- NNPCL, OPEC Pledge Collaboration to Attract Investments, Grow Production
- COED Tech. lay-off 95 workers in Enugu over alleged irregularities
- ‘Yahoo Plus’ pushes 27yr-old man to kill father for rituals
- (PHOTOS) Army GOC visits Shehu of Borno, sues for collaboration
- NatureNews Targets 5bn Trees Plantation by 2030, Unveils ‘NaijaGreenProject’ Initiative