The leadership of the Kwara state House of Assembly on Tuesday summoned the Secretary to the State Government, Alhaji Isiaka Gold and the Chairman of the State Internal Revenue Service, Dr. Murtala Awodun, over alleged shortchanging of Kwarans in the recent military and paramilitary recruitment exercises.
The house issued the summon after accepting an explanation from the chairman of the House Committee on Judiciary on the Committee’s findings on the alleged shortchanging of Kwara indigenes in military and paramilitary recruitment.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the Secretary to the state Government is expected to explain details of recruitment while the Chairman of lnternal revenue service will explain the alleged proliferation of certificates of origin of various local government in the state.
The house had last Thursday passed a resolution after adopting a motion,directing its committee on Judiciary to investigate alleged shortchanging of kwara indigines in Military recruitment.
- New Naira: Tight security at banks against customers’ attack
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son