Contractors that supplied materials for the construction of Cargo Terminal and Metropolitan Square in Ilorin have appealed to the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, to prevail on Wale Babalakin to pay the outstanding of money owed them.
The contractors, under the auspices of ‘Association of suppliers to Stabilini Visioni Nig Ltd, Ilorin’ made the appeal on Wednesday in Ilorin in a statement signed by Alhaji Lawal Jato on behalf of other contractors.
Jato said the contractors supplied sand, granite, stone dust, sharp sand, hard core and gravel to Stabilini Visioni owned by Babalakin for the construction of the two edifices in Ilorin during Sen Bukola Saraki as Governor of Kwara State.
According to Jato, the outstanding money Stabilini Visioni owed them was N12.7m as at 2010, adding that they were paid last on July 12, 2010.
“We appeal to the Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki to use his good office to prevail on Babalakin and Stabilini Visioni to pay us the outstanding money since 2010.
“We also appeal to the state government to help us beg the company’s chairman to safe our souls to pay us our money as three of the suppliers have died as a result of nonpayment of the money, the contractors added.
Jato said the contractors have made several efforts to Babalakin to pay the money, but to no avail.
He also said that the contractor wrote a letter to the Commissioner for Works on Nov 18, 2012 where they appealed to him to intervene in the payment of the said outstanding money.
The contractors’ spokesman lamented that the people they collected the various materials from on credit were on their neck and kept on embarrassing them.
“Our creditors are on our necks, they have been embarrassing us through arrests and physical assaults, the humiliation is too much for us.
“We believe this is the sacrifice we have to pay in moving the state forward in its transformation agenda,” Jato said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport