National Assembly dismisses report on DSS siege on complex
The National Assembly management has dismissed reports that surfaced online that masked operatives of the Department of State Services on Wednesday barricaded the gates to the National Assembly complex, shutting out lawmakers.
This is contained in a statement issued by Mr Agada Emmanuel, the Director of Information
National Assembly in Abuja on Thursday.
”The reposted unverified video clips was a reported incident that took place in 2018 at the main entrance gate leading into the National Assembly complex.
”The main entrance gate is presently under reconstruction and near completion for commissioning,” he said, while condemning the motive behind the video.
A social media user, had tweeted from his twitter handle account @Chukwuebuka, alleging the siege of the National Assembly complex by the DSS.
Emmanuel said that the video was misleading and fake news in its entirety, stressing that as the National Assembly members are currently on recess and staff are not under any siege by the DSS.
According to him, the new Clerk of the National Assembly, Alhaji Sani Tambuwal and his Management team are fully in charge, focused and determined to achieve their set goals inline with their core mandates.
He urged security agencies to Investigate the user of the twitter handle account to forestall future abuse and spreading of misinformation into the media space.
He said such misinformation was capable of creating panic, mischief and anxiety leading to break down of law and order as this repost, might have been intended.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- World Athletics bans transgender women from women’s competition
- I will run Peter Obi’s model of governance in Abia State – Alex Otti
- No clandestine meeting between Oriwoola, Tinubu– Onanuga
- I won election before without Peter Obi – Alex Otti
- IESA welcomes Alfanla’s emergence as UNILORIN’s Registrar-designate
- My suspension by Ayu last kick of a dead horse — Fayose
- 10th NASS: Experience, competence should be criteria for leadership positions —-Bamidele
- Nigeria Air to Take-off Before End of Buhari’s Administration—-Sirika
- NSIB Sets To Release Report Soon–– DG
- Ekweremadu, wife, doctor found guilty of organ trafficking