A statement by Senator Gbemisola Saraki says the NEMA Director General, Retired Air Vice Marshall Muhammadu Muhammed directed that all victims in last rainstorm and flood in Ilorin West, Ilorin East, Ilorin South, Asa and Ifelodun LGAs of Kwara State are to benefit from the items.
The minister said that the Minna office of NEMA would be in Ilorin to coordinate distribution of the items to affected victims of rainstorm and flood.
Items to be distributed include
1. 3,844 Bags of Rice (12.5kg)
2. 3,844 Bags of Beans (25kg)
3. 3,844 Bags of Maize (12.5kg)
4. 384 Kegs of Vegetable Oil
5. 641 Cartons of Seasoning
6. 320 Cartons of Tinned Tomatoes
7. 192 Bags of Salt
8. 7,000 Pieces of Mattresses
9. 7,000 Pieces of Wax Prints
10. 7,000 Pieces of Mosquito Nets
11. 7,000 Pieces of Nylon Mats
12. 7,000 Pieces of Blankets
13. 4,500 Pieces of Ceiling Boards
14. 4,500 Bags of Cement
15. 4,500 Bundles of Roofing Sheets
16. 1,500 Packets fo Zinc Nails
17. 500 Bags of 3’ Nails.
Senator Gbemisola Saraki on behalf of the victims expressed appreciation to President Muhammadu Buhari and Director General of NEMA for coming to the aid of those affected by rainstorm and flood disaster in Kwara State.
- Man United massively transformed under Ten Hag – De Gea
- Naira redesign: Don’t make Nigerians scapegoats, says Atiku
- Court stops PDP from suspending Wike
- Katsina rally: Tinubu gives reason for ‘low key’ campaign
- APC will win 2023 election– Fashola
- FG vows to increase workers’ minimum wage
- New Naira notes: Police warn against violence
- Agriculture contributes 23.78% to GDP – Minister
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote