The Minister of Science Technology and Innovation, Dr Ogbonnaya Onu has said that Nigeria and The European Union will strengthen bilateral ties especially in the area of Agriculture and research findings.
Onu stated this, on Thursday in Abuja when the Ambassador to the European Union, Ambassador Samuela Isopi paid him a courtesy visit.
He said, “Nigeria wants to be an industrialised Nation, become self-reliant so as to feed its large population, create jobs and reduce poverty to the barest minimum.”
He further said that there are other areas in Science, Technology and Innovation that he believes will be of mutual benefit to the two countries, adding that the nation is prepared to work with the European Union to make sure the desired objective is realised.
The Minister also noted that, as a nation, Nigeria need to solve some problems using STI in the areas of Agriculture, Education and security.
He reiterated that the federal Government led by President Mohammadu Buhari is determined to uplift hundred million Nigerians out of poverty in the next decade and that is why the government is investing more on STI.
In his remarks, the Minister of State for Science, Technology and Innovation, Barr. Mohammed Abdullahi implored the E.U envoy to widen the scope of their assistance to Africa on the development of STI.
He added that areas such as Nano-tech, Fintech, Engineering, Agriculture and many other areas could be invested into by the European Union.
Earlier the Ambassador to the European Union, Samuela Isopi, said that they are interested in working with Nigeria in the area of STI, as it is a pillar for sustainable development.
According to the Ambassador, one of their objectives is to have a vocal point of each team to be trained and robust their capacity.
- Naira Notes: Supreme Court bans FG, CBN in a temporary ruling
- Wike donates N70million to families of three slain police officers
- TUC calls on FG to solve naira, fuel crises
- Petrol scarcity to end in one week– NNPC
- Lagos PDP mourns as deputy governorship candidate loses mum
- Plateau Govt hands over 32 missionary schools to original owners
- AMAZING…. Ohanaeze Ndigbo finally reveals candidates to support during elections
- Why I’m supporting Tinubu, AbdulRazaq— Latinwo
- INEC has no business with MC Olumo, but park managers– REC
- Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira scarcity