The Minister of Science Technology and Innovation, Dr Ogbonnaya Onu has said that Nigeria and The European Union will strengthen bilateral ties especially in the area of Agriculture and research findings.
Onu stated this, on Thursday in Abuja when the Ambassador to the European Union, Ambassador Samuela Isopi paid him a courtesy visit.
He said, “Nigeria wants to be an industrialised Nation, become self-reliant so as to feed its large population, create jobs and reduce poverty to the barest minimum.”
He further said that there are other areas in Science, Technology and Innovation that he believes will be of mutual benefit to the two countries, adding that the nation is prepared to work with the European Union to make sure the desired objective is realised.
The Minister also noted that, as a nation, Nigeria need to solve some problems using STI in the areas of Agriculture, Education and security.
He reiterated that the federal Government led by President Mohammadu Buhari is determined to uplift hundred million Nigerians out of poverty in the next decade and that is why the government is investing more on STI.
In his remarks, the Minister of State for Science, Technology and Innovation, Barr. Mohammed Abdullahi implored the E.U envoy to widen the scope of their assistance to Africa on the development of STI.
He added that areas such as Nano-tech, Fintech, Engineering, Agriculture and many other areas could be invested into by the European Union.
Earlier the Ambassador to the European Union, Samuela Isopi, said that they are interested in working with Nigeria in the area of STI, as it is a pillar for sustainable development.
According to the Ambassador, one of their objectives is to have a vocal point of each team to be trained and robust their capacity.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide