National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu has told those clamouring for secession to jettison the idea as Nigeria is better together.
Speaking at the Special Ramadan Prayer, “Tafsir” Lecture, held at the Lagos House, Marina, on Sunday May 2, Tinubu said Nigeria seperating is not acceptable as disintegration could push the country into becoming another Iraq or Sudan.
“For clamouring for war, God will not allow Nigeria to experience it. If we say Nigeria should separate, people should remember what war caused in Sudan and Iraq. Such war does not end in time. We are yet to recover from the civil war.
“We are better together. I have nowhere I am going. Whoever has experienced war in the past will not pray for such. Nigeria will not separate; it’s not acceptable to us. Our prayer is for prosperity and more wealth for the country.”
- Election: Close down institutions, allow students vote– Reps to FG
- ICPC re-arrests former JAMB registrar Dibu Ojerinde
- Kwara Assembly approves extension of Acting Auditor-General’s tenure
- Ex-JAMB registrar opened fictitious accounts to conceal his identity– Witness
- No attempt to create conflict between Tinubu, Buhari will succeed – APC
- Lubcon bags West Africa’s best lubricant of year
- NYSC gets 8 new directors, promotes 1,123 others
- Senate confirms ex-I-G Arase as Chairman, Police Service Commission
- Bank customers decry scarcity of new Naira notes at ATMs, POS
- Senate suspends plenary till Feb. 28